[TR] Collector Car Prices

John Macartney macartney.john at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 29 04:46:10 MDT 2010

I think many collector car prices are beginning to soften, though many dealers
in the UK are still asking silly prices. That said, if the cars are being sold
for those prices - or near to them, then either I'm 'out of touch' (highly
likely) or there are lots of people with more money than sense.
I found this
particular car
http://www.nickwhalesportscarsdirect.co.uk/cars/139/1955-Triumph-TR2--PHP-727
.php only yesterday. Assuming it's provenance details are true - likely, I
think, then this is an early TR2 long door that probably is valued correctly
by UK/Europe standards and one that I'd like to own myself. To convert to US$,
multiply by 1.45. But as a rule of thumb, the scarcer a car becomes, the
higher it's price will go. Morris Minor prices are just crazy but then the
same can be said for Heralds, Austins, UK built Fords and other "entry level"
cars that have the charm of driving and ownership not found in modern
vehicles.

Jonmac