[TR] Collector Car Prices

KingsCreekTrees at aol.com KingsCreekTrees at aol.com
Mon Jun 28 16:14:41 MDT 2010

Hi Bill;

I watch the market avidly, in North America and the U.K. In North America,
I am convinced that the market is beginning to weaken on older cars, such
as our  TR3's, etc. I believe this is because we are moving on to another
generation  that does not remember these cars, with no nostalgic feelings for
them, and  therefore demand will begin to wane. The same cannot be said for
TR6's, for  example. To me, TR6's are still a relatively modern car (that's
because I  remember them in showrooms when I was in my early to mid teens),
but to the next  generation the TR6, or cars of that era, provide the
ultimate nostalgia  fix.

I have several friends who operate some highly reputable classic car
dealerships in the UK, and have done so for many years. All of them feel  this
way; they predict a softening of the market for pre-1970's cars over the  long
term. This softening hasn't quite hit the UK yet; prices are  still strong.
However, even if some argue that it hasn't hit North America yet,  there's
no doubt there's increased demand in later cars due to a generation  coming
on that has some cash and has an interest in 1970's and newer  classics.

The strongest market for sidescreen TR's seems to be in Australia, funnily
enough. There are only 400 of them there, and nice ones change hands for
AUS$35-40K, so take 10% off that for Canadian or US dollars.

Tim

Tim Dyer,  Kings Creek Trees and Ornamentals
427 Kings Creek Road, RR3
Ashton, ON K0A  1B0
Canada
Phone/fax: 613 253 4126 Website: _www.kingscreektrees.com_
(http://www.kingscreektrees.com/)

Proud  member of Landscape Ontario (the Ontario association for
horticulture  professionals), the Canadian Nursery and Landscape Association, the
Ottawa  Botanical Garden Society, the Carleton Place Horticultural Society and
the  Christmas Tree Farmers of Ontario