[TR] Uprated water pump question

THOMAS FANSHER tfansher at comcast.net
Fri Jun 25 13:48:32 MDT 2010

A buddy put the 6 fan on his car and to do so had the fan extension milled
3/16 " from both ends. So the extension ended up 3/8" shorter and had to do
no other modifications and it does great in the Florida summer heat.  I just
removed my fan and extension and put the Ken Glanders harmonic balancer on
and installed an electric puller fan. Also did the alternator upgrade. I had
an electric pusher fan for years on the 3 and it worked great. Yes, recoring
is important and leaving out the hole, they make heavy duty cores ( for
trucks - talk to your radiator guy). While the radiator is out, you can
install a bolt through the bottom of the radiator mount so that
reinstallation is much easier.  You just set the radiator down on the bolt
and install the nut from the top instead of trying to thread the bolt
through. That was a help from the list probably 15 years ago. I did not
install the 6 bladed water pump.
just my two cents worth.
Tom
60 TR3A stock