[TR] Uprated water pump question

KingsCreekTrees at aol.com KingsCreekTrees at aol.com
Thu Jun 24 13:52:54 MDT 2010

I'm not sure who carries a TR6 fan; a local friend has a bunch of them
sitting in his garage, so I was thinking I would get one of those. An electric
one is still an option, obviously.

Incidentally, we have an Australian TR Register member visiting us at the
moment, he has a TR3A. He says the only cooling system modification fitted
to  his car is what he calls a CT radiator core, which he describes as a TR4
core  with no starting handle hole. He says it has three cores instead of
two and is  easy to fit. His temp gauge never gets above the central position,
even in  traffic when the ambient temperature is 40 degrees celsius (which,
to me, is  seriously hot! Never gets above about 30 or 32 here).

With so many variations on how TR owners' cars run, in terms of coolant
temperature, and taking out the fact that some metal rubbish sometimes got
left  in blocks at the factory, I can't help but think that the differences
might just  come down to variations in manufacturing tolerances.

Anyway, thanks everyone for responses so far. Very, very useful.

Tim

Tim Dyer,  Kings Creek Trees and Ornamentals
427 Kings Creek Road, RR3
Ashton, ON K0A  1B0
Canada
Phone/fax: 613 253 4126 Website: _www.kingscreektrees.com_
(http://www.kingscreektrees.com/)

Proud  member of Landscape Ontario (the Ontario association for
horticulture  professionals), the Canadian Nursery and Landscape Association, the
Ottawa  Botanical Garden Society, the Carleton Place Horticultural Society and
the  Christmas Tree Farmers of Ontario