[TR] AC Fuel Pump Rebuild

James Henningsen trguy at cfl.rr.com
Sat Jun 19 15:04:12 MDT 2010

Installing TRF AC fuel pump kit for the TR4 and I have to say it is a very
nice kit with all the parts.  I noticed that the rebuilder of the pump
sometime in the past used some sort of sealing compund around the threads to
the screws that hold the top and bottom lids together as well as on the flat
outside circumference ring of the inner seal where the diaphragm is installed.
It wasn't teflon tape but a rubber like substance that was elastic and green
(what was left of it).  Are you supposed to use sealant?  If so, what are
folks using?
Thanks,
Jim Henningsen
62 TR4 CT5212LO