[TR] Heat resistant paint

thenicholls at verizon.net thenicholls at verizon.net
Wed Jun 16 19:23:29 MDT 2010

I have a SS Bell system on my 1972 Triumph TR6, the British car shop that installed it said it was the best fitting, most complete exhaust system they had ever installed.  Falcon was not on the list, they have had numerous issues with that fit.

Craig
Vienna, VA
1972 Triumph TR6

On Jun 16, 2010, Bob <yellowtr at adelphia.net> wrote:

On Wednesday, June 16, 2010 04:29:25 pm Angelo Graham wrote:
> Hello List:
> Wondering about any recommendations for heat resistant paint for use on
> my exhaust pipe. Have had the manifold ceramic coated, but hate to see
> the rusty old down pipe hanging from the manifold. Thought that heat
> resistant paint might be an easy fix. Worth doing? Any recommendations?
> Thanks in advance for any help.
> Angelo Graham

Angelo,

Best solution is to change to a stainless steel down pipe or go for the whole
stainless system.

Falcon and Bell supply good systems.

I have the Bell system on my 3, 4 and 72 TR6 project.

Bob

Triumphs at autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation $11.47