[TR] '3a Alternator conversion...

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Jun 15 14:29:46 MDT 2010

> Ah yes the electric fan that in the summer time likes to run after the
> car is off :-)

Actually, in the past I have kept it wired so it can only run with the key
on.  Haven't completed the wiring yet this time, but I see no reason to
change that aspect.  Although the temperature does rise somewhat due to
"heat soak" (heat from the engine continues to warm the coolant after the
engine is shut off), it never caused me a problem in the past.

The only likely reason to change, IMO, is if percolation in the carbs
becomes a problem.  But I already have one of Joe A's heat shields on hand,
which should be a better solution than running the fan with the engine off.

-- Randall