[TR] TR3 Electric Fuel Pumps

William Brewer wsb1960tr3a at att.net
Tue Jun 15 13:50:30 MDT 2010

     Sorry about the last email. Sent by accident too early.
     The wire leading to my generic electric fuel pump broke right near the
entrance to the housing. I am considering replacing it and moving the
location. I originally located it under the tank, but couldn't see the filter
or
 feel it to see if the pump was running.
Then I moved it to the front
left wheel arch, but it was higher than the
 tank and I thought that it vapor
locked on a hot day. I put it down
lower, on the frame by the oil
 filter
housing, but it gets drenched in oil there.
     I've
been considering mounting it on the left rear inner fender wall in
the
trunk. It will be easy to install, inspect, keep clean and maintain. The
wall location will help prevent it from damage from things in the trunk
 being
set on it. Has anyone else done this?
     I had a classic
Mini
 Cooper for awhile and had an electronic SU fuel
pump (no points). I
checked with 7ent.com (where I
bought it) and they no
longer carry them. The do have the ones with
points, but I think that it
might be a maintenance problem. I am
thinking about buying one of these:

     http://www.7ent.com/detail.cfm?pageid=3474

     It looks like a good quality German made pump. Does anyone else have a
recommendation?
     TIA,

     -Bill