[TR] PDWA

Brad Kahler brad.kahler at 141.com
Tue Jun 15 08:23:26 MDT 2010

I think I've got a problem.

Background: 1963 TR4 that was parked for 8+ years.  Was driven up to
the time it was parked.  Some PO removed the single circuit braking
system and replaced it with a TR250 or TR6 dual circuit with servo.
I've driven the car and everything seems fine as far as braking goes.
There are no wires connected to the PDWA switch, so it won't be giving
me any warning if there is a circuit failure.

While doing some work in the engine bay I noticed there was some brake
fluid sitting in the socket of the PDWA switch.  I'm assuming this
means the switch itself is bad internally.

What I'm wondering is since the warning circuit has not been wired
into the car is there any reason I need the PDWA installed?  Can I
just remove it and use couplings to tie the lines together?

Personally I'd rather not have the PDWA in the car but if there is
some overriding reason to leave it in I will, which would mean I'm
going to have to do something about the switch leaking.

I'm fairly certain I would notice a drop in braking performance so
taking the time and effort to try and install a warning circuit seems
useless to me.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks!

Brad