[TR] UK Cottages & Villages (was Re: A milestone)

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Mon Jun 14 06:36:32 MDT 2010

Years ago, my wife and I became hooked on British murder mystery
DVDs....Rosemary & Thyme, Inspector Morse, etc. but most notably the  Midsomer
Murders with Detective Chief Inspector Barnaby and his family.   Well, the point
of bringing this up is that, even if you don't care to solve  murder
mysteries, you've got to watch at least part of these shows to take in  the
countryside and the old Brit cars......simply spectacular!

I wish I had a dollar for every time I blurted out in the middle of a scene
 "there goes a Riley.....or look at that old Rolls...."  Most of the shows
we've seen are set in the 30's, 40's and 50's so there aren't many "modern"
TR's  running around but it sure sharpens your skills on identifying other
lesser  known old Brit cars.....and, who of us wouldn't picture ourselves
driving on  those country lanes:)

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA
1976 TR6  CF57822U

In a message dated 6/13/2010 10:14:04 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mark at bradakis.com writes:

>  Blue skies, old stone cottages that are identical to traditional farm
houses  in Wales,

Nice.  Wish I had a running  Triumph, especially since our big British Field
Day is coming up next  weekend.  So it goes.

But a number of years ago my wife and I  visited England and spent some
time with friends in Wales.  They lived  in an old farmhouse in a small
town.
Their postal address had no number or  street name, it was simply

Bob and Vera Blah Blah
Upper  House
Blah Blah, Wales

I would love to go back again, a beautiful  place.  Now that
I have a job travel may once again be possible.   The
pay is pretty pathetic, but if we're frugal...

Anyway,  congratulations on a fine day's drive.  I am  envious.

mjb.

Triumphs at autox.team.net
Suggested annual donation   $11.47
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive