[TR] Teflon washers in SU Carbs

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Jun 13 18:56:42 MDT 2010

> I heard during a TR gathering, that there are teflon washers
> available
> in lieu of the old cork or neoprene cup washers that seal the
> jet.

Hmm, interesting thought.  I've been happy with the nitrile rubber ones that
Moss sells, but PTFE (aka Teflon) might let the choke work a bit easier.

The Moss seals are standard O-rings (sorry, don't have the size offhand), so
it should be easy enough to source PTFE O-rings from a supplier like MMC.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#o-rings/=7irabv

However, PTFE is much harder than the nitrile rubber, so I'm not convinced
they would seal as well.  Viton or fluorosilicone might be a better choice.

Randall