[TR] ebay question: off topic, sort-of

don don at napanet.net
Fri Jun 11 14:41:56 MDT 2010

 From my experience, some of the 2nd chance offers are legit, and
some are scams.  I just got a 2nd chance offer on an early MGB
roadster that I had bid on.  I sent an email to the seller to find
out if it was legit.  I haven't heard back yet.

Here's a portion of the email I received.  It doesn't look quite
right to me as the wording is awkward, and it was sent from a
different email address than the correspondence I had with the
seller.  It did not arrive through eBay's message system either which
is also a bit odd.

Don Scott
TR4A
MGA Mk 2
MGB GT
Misc. Japanese cars

2nd chance offer I received today:

Lucky you, Don! The seller has offered you a second chance to buy
this item. The second time can be a charm.

Message from muffler.bearing:
Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that I am reconsidering your offer of US
$8,900.00. If still interested to buy it at US $8,900.00 and you
already have the funds, please let me know asap.

Please kindly reply to this email with your answer!

Thank you!

<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140410675715>Excellent
1966 MGB Roadster w/OD -- total restoration