[TR] ebay question: off topic, sort-of

Andrew Mace zoboherald at aol.com
Fri Jun 11 14:12:38 MDT 2010

-----Original Message-----

From: KingsCreekTrees at aol.com

I was bidding on a Triumph on ebay a couple of weeks ago. The car didn't
meet reserve and I wasn't the highest bidder anyway. I have now received an
e-mail, I think from the vendor, suggesting a "second chance offer" for the
car.  The e-mail, which appears to be an ebay generated one but from the
vendor's  email address, states that the vendor is reconsidering my offer and
asks me to  get in touch if I have the funds and am still interested.

I often see ebay listings that say "no second chance offers". Not knowing
what a "second chance offer" is all about, I got the impression this might
be  some sort of scam. Can anyone enlighten me?

==AM==
Check your "My eBay" and see if the message is there as well. If it is and/or
the e-mail sent to you
has anything that specifically ID's you by your eBay ID or similar, chances
are it's legit.

I've gotten a couple of these "second chance offers" and all worked out well.

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?

*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: http://triumph-herald.us