[TR] Straightening coiled brake tubing.

cfmtr3a at verizon.net cfmtr3a at verizon.net
Thu Jun 10 13:59:22 MDT 2010

Autozone (here in Tampa area) and perhaps other BoxPartsStores have loaner tools (really purchase/gently use/return tools) including the pipe bender necessary for the brake/fuel lines for the TR.   Just finished doing both brake and fuel for the project.  As long as you take it slow it is not a hard job to bend the pipes as necessary.  I did bend around the jack hole on the hydraulic pipe.   I had most of the old ones and that made it easier but for the two sections I didn't have, I used some scrap heavy guage wire to figure out the bends (heavy enough to hold the bends and not flop all over the place).  The fuel line from rear connector to the shut off valve was an interesting (and most difficult) one.
Carl