[TR] Clutch MC issue

bill bickerton bbick59 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 09:15:43 MDT 2010

I first want to thank everyone for their suggestions and empathy relating to
my brake bleeding issues that I've been having. I think i have finally
overcome all the problems that i was experiencing, the pedal still feels a
bit mushy but maybe that's just DOT 5. I believe I've removed all air from
the system (bench bleeding seemed to do the trick, along with all the other
tips, i tried them all).

*NEW ISSUE*: brake & clutch MC's all installed and bled however, I've
noticed that there is about *3/4 of an inch travel between the clutch master
cylinder's push rod and the portioning valve inside the MC*. If i take my
thumb and push the rod forward until it just hits the valve i see that it is
perfectly aligned with the brake rod next to it. Also, when you're looking
at the pedals from inside the car you can clearly see that the clutch pedal
is closer to the driver than the brake pedal. I've looked all over to see if
i could find some place to adjust the pedal thus adjusting the push rod but
nothing was obvious to me however, I'm fairly new at working on Triumphs so
i may be missing something that is right in front of me. Once i have this
issue rectified i believe i will finally be ready to put the wheels back on
and drop the car and move on to the next unforeseen problem.

Thanks in advance for any guidance,
Bill Bickerton
64 TR4