[TR] Moss Video to test Lucas generator

wbeech at flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Sat Jul 31 08:02:34 MDT 2010

Cosmo,

It shouldn't short the generator either way, + or -, I just tested my
re-built generator in this fashion and it worked fine.  If you test it in
the car, you will need to be sure to remove the fan-belt as the 'motor' is
not strong enough to turn the engine.  Since you are running DC voltage, it
will just reverse the spin of the generator.

BTW, A big thanks to Peter Connitt for sending me his old generator enabling
me to make one good one from his and mine...  On the road again today for
the first time in a few weeks!

Bill Beecher
'58 TR-3A TS30766L  "Tarbaby"
www.triumphowners.com/1566