[TR] LED Tailite Supplier

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Jul 27 22:15:09 MDT 2010

> The
> pricing is about
> 1/2 that of the LiteZupp web site but I was wondering if any
> one has had any
> experience with them?

I have not; but an important question to ask is : Will they make them in the
custom angle necessary to have the "beam" pointed to the rear when the
socket is at an angle?

LEDs do not shine equally in all directions, so they need to be pointed in
the direction of interest.  But the taillight bulb holders in later TR3-3B
point towards the ground at a funny angle.  In order to be effective, the
individual LEDs have to be mounted at an angle to the base.

AFAIK LiteZupp is the only company that does this (which explains the price,
IMO).

Randall