[TR] part needed

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Jul 27 16:48:45 MDT 2010

> Aha, I sifted thru the gmail trash and found the prior message.

Original message was :
>  the part I find myself needing to buy is for a TR2/3 (not 3a), the wooden
piece that spans the scuttle as a support piece, and has a couple of bolts
built in.
> #42. dash rail,
> http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=29156  on
this drawing.

Somewhat confusing, in that #42 on that diagram is the "draft seal" (aka
furflex); and the pictured "dash rail" is the aluminum capping piece that
trims the edge of the scuttle.

The wooden "scuttle member" is required for the earlier bodies, which were
none too strong in that area anyway.  The body was retooled at some point to
replace it by rolling and joining the edges of the steel panels.

Worth noting, perhaps, that there were actually three different versions of
the wood piece.  My SPC shows P/N 701004 up to TS6157, then 701540 (change
point not given), then 802879.

Three other names that you might look for are Albert Roth, Wayne Bier, and
John Nichols.  I don't have their current contact info handy, but they all
used to part out TRs and might possibly have what you need still stashed in
the rafters somewhere.

FWIW there are also several businesses around the country that specialize in
reproducing wooden body members.  Some of them are listed here:
http://www.oldwoodies.com/resource-woodies-pros.htm

-- Randall