[TR] Anti Sway Bar

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Jul 25 18:49:01 MDT 2010

> I am thinking about adding a front anti sway bar to my TR3A. Even my
> wife thinks its a good idea, "Maybe I won't need to hang on so tight
> around corners."
>
> I would appreciate any advice, where to buy, how difficult, even, is
> it worth it. Thanks.

I bought mine through JC Whitney many years ago ... they might still have
them listed.  However, the bar was drop-shipped directly to me from ADDCO,
so no JCW content.

I don't recall any drama installing the front bar; except ISTR there were
some bolts missing from the kit (which I sourced at the local hardware
store).  The installation looks a bit funny, because the brackets wind up in
the corner, at an angle to the bar,  but it seems to work out OK.  When you
drill the frame extensions, be sure to get the holes close enough to the
edge to leave room for a nut inside the extension.

Definitely a worthwhile modification, IMO.  Of course it's no substitute for
replacing worn or defective components.  I haven't moved the bar from the
wrecked 3A to the project TR3 yet, and it still handles pretty nice with the
rebuilt suspension and wide, sticky tires (on TR6 wheels).

Randall