[TR] Free rotating fan (red)

Alex ambritts at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 23 18:47:57 MDT 2010

Tomorrow morning I will be pulling the radiator and all associated items for
the repair of my "free flying" fan. As some of you may remember, the locating
pins that lock the fan extension (red fan) to the crank pulley on my TR6
backed out (2x) causing the fan to free spin and then the bolt that holds the
extension to the crank back out and ultimately get ripped out of the crank.

Well I now have all the replacement parts and have a few questions that are
not listed in the Bentley Manual.
  a.. Is the torque on the bolt 10-14 lbs?
  b.. Do the locating pins go in the crank pulley or the extension, or does it
not matter?
  c.. If the crank pulley then does it need to be removed to insert the pins?
  d.. Should they be secured with thread lock? (even though there are no
threads)
Or anything else I should be aware of.

Thanks,
Alex Manzo