[TR] TR Engine Blocks

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Jul 22 22:52:40 MDT 2010

> Is the 2138cc you quote using 86mm or 87mm pistons and sleeves?

83mm = 1991cc
86mm = 2138cc
87mm = 2188cc
89mm = 2289cc

> Can't really see the point of reboring an old sleeve - though it can be
> done.

Typically there is a small savings in cost; plus of course more assurance
that the liners are made of a suitable alloy.  Some of the ones sold as new
appear to be made from recycled curry tins and don't hold up as well.

But we seem to have some thread drift here ... Terry's original question was
about motors WITHOUT wet sleeves, such as the MGA.

Randall