[TR] Crankshaft oil seal?

KingsCreekTrees at aol.com KingsCreekTrees at aol.com
Thu Jul 22 11:34:31 MDT 2010

Hi all;

I'm in the process of ordering a few parts to change the timing chain on my
 TR3A. In the parts supplier catalogues, I can find no evidence of a front
crankshaft oil seal. Is that correct? I see there is an "oil deflector"
(personally, I think that's what all oil seals should be called on British
cars;  then there'd be no excuse from the manufacturer when they start
leaking!).  However, I don't see a seal, as such. I'm using the Moss diagrams and
the TRF  catalogue; I do have a photocopy of an original parts manual but,
predictably,  the page I need is missing.

Thanks!

Tim