[TR] Triumphs only

Paige, Dean DPaige at srcity.org
Thu Jul 22 10:13:04 MDT 2010

Hey guys. I have been having cooling problems on my TR-6. since I put in a 14"
electric fan after a complete engine rebuild a few years ago. I have
determined that fan can't keep the temp down on hot days and so often causes
vapor lock issues. Oh well! So, to resolve the problem I bought the newly
recreated 13 blade belt driven fan from Moss. This part had been out of
production for at least 20 years. It was designed to push enough air to solve
the problems associated with the fuel injection system cooling problems in the
later TR-6s. One critical part in the installation was missing from my parts
bin, a fan extension Adaptor listed NA in all available catalogs. Looked
around locally and couldn't source one. Decided on a whim to contact someone I
hadn't dealt with in years since there was Moss et al available, Wayne Bier
now operating out of Stockton. I bought from him on a number of occasions in
the late 70's through the 80s over the years I was living in Santa Barbara

Wayne works almost exclusively through e-mail now. I e-mailed him yesterday
morning with info on the part I needed. Within a couple of hours he contacted
me and let me know he had to Adaptor on hand for $35. It was sent out
yesterday afternoon.

In talking with Wayne he let me know that he really didn't particularly like
to work but that he is still in business. Wayne has collected warehouses of
Triumph parts. So many that he has had to sell for scrap 8 TONS!! of parts and
equipment for Triumphs in the last couple of years. OH MY!!  A large stockpile
evidently remains. If you need it he likely has it. No doubt Wayne is out of
the ordinary and maybe a bit quirky but so are most of us.

Anyway if you are looking for those hard to find necessities I think he is the
go to guy. I have no financial interest but I know a good deal when I see it.
Just thought you would all like to know.

Deano

Wayne Bier, Owner

Triumphs Only

Stockton CA 95205