[TR] peening rear wheel studs

Catpusher at aol.com Catpusher at aol.com
Sat Jul 17 15:45:36 MDT 2010

Brad,

Use extreme caution.  I tried to peen disk wheel studs on my TR3 (with
late rear axle assy) and the metal was too hard.  I took the  hub/halfshaft
assemblies to a welding shop, asking if the stud metal was OK  to weld.  They
put a nice bead on the backside of all 8 studs.   After a few miles and one
track session , one broke and a second one was loose  because it was cracked.

Hardy