[TR] TR2/3 alternator conversion & belt length.

Rod rgt2 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 14 18:38:12 MDT 2010

Frank Fisher wrote:
> Angelo
> i did the same thing and machined my old pulley.
> before installing the
> alternator i tucked the belt on, and then preceded to bold
> up the alternator
> to the brackets.
> i would warn you that just using one bolt through the front
> bracket of the
> alternator will probably lead to problems. you really do need
> to fabricate a
> rear bracket. what happens is when you tension the belt you
> pull/twist the
> alternator out of alignment.
> good luck
> frank
> ________________________________

Has anyone tried using a universal alternator bracket such as the A200
from alternatorparts.com
I have seen the same bracket on a couple of other web sites as well.  It
bolts to the two existing generator mounting holes and then the
alternator mounts to the bracket.  It appears to be adjustable for
aligning the pulleys.

I did the same as most other seem to have done and mounted the
alternator at the front generator mount and used a long bolt and spacer
to capture the rear generator mount hole as well.  This also required
machining the alternator mounting ear to align the pulleys

My main concern in looking at the picture of the A200 bracket is it may
mount the alternator higher, I just can't tell how much.

Rod Trunnell
TCF1034l