[TR] TR2/3 alternator conversion & belt length.

Frank Fisher yellowtr3 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 10:38:24 MDT 2010

Angelo
i did the same thing and machined my old pulley.
before installing the
alternator i tucked the belt on, and then preceded to bold
up the alternator
to the brackets.
i would warn you that just using one bolt through the front
bracket of the
alternator will probably lead to problems. you really do need
to fabricate a
rear bracket. what happens is when you tension the belt you
pull/twist the
alternator out of alignment.
good luck
frank