[TR] The lady lives again.....

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Sun Jul 11 14:31:19 MDT 2010

You can pull a sparkplug and lay it against something bare metal
(with the wire attached) to see if you have spark.  If no spark start
working backwards...  Do the points open?  Check for voltage at the
coil, etc.  If you have a spare coil laying around (doesn't have to
be from a Triumph necessarily), you can connect it instead of the
existing one.  If you put a test lamp on the plus side (or I should
say battery side, may be positive ground) of the coil, it should
flash as you turn the engine over - it will be on when the points are
open and off when they are closed.  If it stays on or off, you know
you have a problem with the circuit, not with the coil.

- Tony