[TR] TR2/3 instrument mounting

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Fri Jul 9 19:21:17 MDT 2010

On Friday, July 09, 2010 06:22:56 pm Angelo Graham wrote:
> Hello List:
>  A question about mounting the instruments and the use of "O" rings. I
> ordered a set of "O" rings from TRF and understand they fit between the
> instrument bezel and the dash panel. Is there any type of sealing
> between the glass and instrument case? I removed my temp gauge and
> couldn't find any remnants of a gasket between the bezel and dash. It
> looked as though there was something between the glass and the case -
> just found some black remnants.
> What happens here? Just use the "O" rings on the dash? Not worry about
> sealing the glass to case??
> Thanks again for any insights.
> Angelo Graham

Angelo,

The black stuff you see is what is left of the rubber gasket between the glass
and the chrome ring.

When I did my gauges I used some of that black stuff that is used to seal the
screens on windows and doors. They sell it as Lowes. I got the smallest
diameter I could. It works ok and the glass does not rattle. If you dont put
something between the chrome ring and the glass, the glass will be very loose.
Bob