[TR] TR3 Tank mounting

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Fri Jul 9 15:24:41 MDT 2010

In a message dated 7/9/2010 12:45:03 PM Central Daylight Time,
tr3driver at ca.rr.com writes:
> I'd have to check for the actual width, but I bought a roll that was
> perhaps
> 1.25" wide, intended for weather-stripping.  I laid two strips (or was it
> 3?) across the body where the tank rests, and then lined the tank straps
> with the same stuff.

Thanks.  I was wondering if one could "get by" with some pads under the
tank in the area where the straps are and leave the center part open (air gap)
or will the tank indent.  The air gap will help keep those surfaces dry.
But I guess that only means when it comes time to repair the rust holes in the
tank they will be more localized.

Probably all academic considering these cars rarely see the rain any more.

Cheers

Dave