[TR] tr3 loss of power

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Jul 2 21:35:19 MDT 2010

> buddy Paul had about 4 other old pumps in a box.
> took what looked to be
> the best of them. installed it. car ran great. that was 2
> weeks ago and a 1/2
> tank regular. today, same problems.

Sounds to me like the problem is something other than the pump itself.
Given how often ignition problems masquerade as fuel problems (and vice
versa), I would likely start by checking fuel pressure when the problem is
happening.  (As an old friend of mine said, a test is worth a thousand
theories.)  Might also be worth trying to check pressure at the pump inlet
(if it goes negative, there is a problem between pump & tank).

Have you checked the tank for debris, changed the fuel lines, etc ?

Randall