[TR] TR6 trunk lid gas strut conversion!

TR6Québec TR6Quebec at videotron.ca
Thu Jul 1 19:27:14 MDT 2010

Hi to all on the list.

This is my first posting. I'm from Montreal, Quebec and my main speaking language is French  ......so please be patient with my poor English......

I'm a 6-Pack member and one year owner of a nice 1974 Mimosa Triumph TR6 / with O-D.

I'm looking for an easier way to open my trunk and found no struts that would fit except with modifications.

I found curious that I can't find a direct fit gas strut, nor a conversion system as one is offered for the MGB!!!!!(sorry).

Nothing on the Net and only one guy installation on the 6-Pack forum that need some modifications and without a strut number....

Anybody on the list can help me with that?

Robert

TR6Quebec

1974 TR6 / Mimosa / OD