[TR] TR4A Dash Brackets

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sat Jan 30 16:21:20 MST 2010

On Saturday 30 January 2010 03:32:37 pm Ben Zwissler wrote:
> Here's a link to a photo showing both brackets.  The long one is easily
> seen, the short one is running behind the speedo cable and goes from the
> top of the aluminum steering column bracket up and back to the firewall.
>
> http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=3365859009/PictureID=14883073500
> 9/a=39977665_39977665/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/
>
> Related to this question, I'm just finishing up my interior and the
> parts manual shows a bracket running from below the glovebox back the
> firewall.  I don't have this bracket and can find no evidence on the
> firewall of attachment points.  Did this get eliminated at some point?
> The TR4A center radio/heater console seems to keep the dash pretty stiff
> without that bracket.
>
> Ben......

Ben,

I have that bracket on my 63 TR4. It is secured by 2 fine threaded phillips
screws on the front just under the glove box. The bracket has 2 welded nuts on
the front for the screws. The rear is attached with 1 1/4 28 bolt through and
attaches to a welded nut on the body.

The part # is 610592 and is called a dash bracket.

The end that faces towards the engine is angled at about 30 degrees in order
to conform with firewall area.

Every once in awhile I see them come up on Ebay.

I am guessing it should be there for the 4A as I have one on my 72 TR6 project
that fits in the same place and is the same bracket.

Look at the TR4 parts manual and you will find the part as # 49 on page 169.

If you need a copy of the parts manual .pdf, email me off list and I will ship
one to you.

Bob