[TR] [6pack] Wing or Side Fender Vents

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Jan 20 10:59:41 MST 2010

> Question - How does one get street papers
> for a car with the original bumper removed?

Varies greatly with location.  Here in California there is no inspection as
such, except for the VIN number.  They did insist that the seats be sitting
in the car, but I got "street papers" without bumpers, lights or even a
windshield installed.  Of course it would be illegal to operate the car on
public roads that way, so I used a trailer to take it for it's "VIN
confirmation".

But the penalties here for operating without such things are very mild
(commonly known as a "fix it" ticket, because the fine is dismissed if you
show that the problem was corrected), so lots of people do.  And I don't
believe there is any legal requirement for a car built before 1968 to even
have bumpers.

Does anyone know, is that Mike Clemente's car?  It looks familiar ...

-- Randall