[TR] TR3A Windscreen Installation

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Jan 17 10:20:28 MST 2010

> With the guide plates
> installed and the
> stanchions installed, with the dzus fasteners, there is still
> a bit of a gap
> between the body and the stanchions.

Scott, I've never tried installing just the stanchions without the
windscreen; but I believe there should be a small gap between the stanchions
and the body.  Otherwise, they will rub the paint off as the body flexes
(and it does flex).

There is a channel inside the curve of the stanchions, that is supposed to
receive some sort of packing for water sealing.  Here's a shot of the area
on my (very dirty at the time) TR3:
http://tinyurl.com/yzofdcr

Randall