[TR] TR 3 Voltage Regulator

Andrew Mace zoboherald at aol.com
Tue Jan 12 14:02:56 MST 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Randall <tr3driver at ca.rr.com>

The C40 (23 amp) generator has a step in the outer body, making it larger
over the field coils than the C39 (19 amp) version.  The body of the C39 is
straight.  The model number (C39 or C40) should also be stamped on the unit
somewhere, but I'm not sure where offhand.

==AM==
ISTR any such stampings would be in about the same place on both generators.
Also, ISTR that most C39 generators had
screw terminals, while C40 generators routinely had spade terminals.

==AM==

For the control box, I vaguely recall that the field resistor changed value;
but I don't have the information handy at the moment.  Perhaps Andy does?

==AM==
Not at the moment, but I can try to dig around @ home later this evening.

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: http://triumph-herald.us