[TR] TR4 Master cylinder problems

Angelo Graham agraham at execulink.com
Mon Jan 11 08:32:02 MST 2010

Hello List:
Working on a pair of TR4 master cylinders (brake & clutch) and trying to
fit rebuild kits. Have the pistons free and the circlips out, but I
can't seem to extract the pistons. They appear to be hitting a something
at the circlip end of the bore. I can't feet any wear ridge or anything
that might be stopping the pistons. Am I missing a step here or is it
the case that it doesn't take much to prevent the pistons from exiting
the bores. Have tried much soaking, etc. and trying to lightly
emery-cloth the part of the bore that I can reach.
Any tips or is this a common problem??
Thanks in advance,
Angelo Graham