[TR] tr3 carpet installation pre 60000

Frank Fisher yellowtr3 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 26 20:02:50 MST 2010

i did the low cost purchase as a temporary measure. its needs to last about 1
to 1 1/2 years until i get my share of the stimulus. the carpets not here yet
but here are some questions and thoughts on installation.

what part does one
glue down and what does one hold down with snaps or Velcro?

whats better
snaps or Velcro?

im guessing the carpet under the driver/passenger feet get
snaps and the transmission tunnel gets snaps too?

all others are glued down?
the carpet that covers the firewall will cover the fasteners for the
transmission tunnel. do we leave that a little unglued in case we ever need to
remover the trans tunnel? or do you just cuss a lot if you ever have to take
it off?

on the drivers side wall where the dip switch goes, the wall has a
dip in it. im guessing my carpet will come not pre-formed. how have you guys
got the carpet to look good there? or did you all buy the good stuff? laugh.
at the very back of the car i am assuming one tucks the carpet under the rear
close out panel? there are 2 little brackets on the close out panel that screw
down into the upper floor. do they go on top of the carpet, or under it?

that
gaping big speaker hole on the passenger side. what did you guys do when you
don't have a speaker there?

thanks
Frank