[TR] wire wheel advice needed

John Reed jr468 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 23 15:33:54 MST 2010

Hey Darrell !

>>  I believe the 4.5" 60 spoke painted wires are no more.  At least that's
what Deb @ TRF told me.  Seems Dayton made a decision to do them all in 5".

Allen at Hendrix Wire Wheel did tell me that Dayton is only building painted
wheels when they are ordered -- with a possible long backorder unless you're
buying from a stocking retailer.  So I guess that would mean there all custom
now.  Would it be better to get 5" 60 spoke wheels?  Then I could put 165/80
tires on now, but have the option of getting of 185/70 tires if 165s ever
become unavailable.  One disadvantage to doing that is the extra cost --
particularly if don't plan on using 185/70s.

 John