[TR] Bullet mirror upgrade

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Sun Feb 21 19:42:19 MST 2010

On 21 Feb 2010 at 7:40, John & Pat Donnelly wrote:

> I have two bullet mirrors installed, but find that the flat glass
> is no good for really seeing traffic behind me, especially the
> passenger side one.

My Spitfire has the standard issue flat mirrors on each side, and my
GT6 has a bullet on each side.  The passenger side mirror on both
cars is actually useful but not for seeing what is behind me.  They
give me another view of the lane over my passenger side shoulder and
about a car length or so back.  That's the scary place you need to
see when you are changing lanes.  The thing is, they take getting
used to, require careful aim, etc.  A convex or bubble mirror would
probably be better but they are useful.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com