[TR] Ignition switch?

Ed Oot eoot at citlink.net
Sun Feb 21 07:29:09 MST 2010

Listers,

Need some assistance on how to diagnose this. The car is a TVR 2500M, TR6
engine and transmission.  A little history first. In an effort to resolve an
intermittant issue with the swtiched circuit, I ended up replacing the fuse
block as there was indication this was the problem. After replacing the block
everything worked as it should. I took the car out for a 20 minute run
yesterday and upon my return the ignition switch would not turn off the car. I
could see from gauges that the switched circuit was turning off ok. I don't
see any relationship between the fuse block and the ignition system. Is this
correct? Is the ignition switch itself the most likely culprit?  Are there
other possibilities that I should check?

Unfortuantely I did not have my wits about me and neglected to disconnect the
battery right away.  I suspect that the Pertronix coil and ingniton might now
be toast although I have not confirmed.

TIA for the help

Database version: 6.14390