[TR] Hey, we made CNN Money's top 10 "dirt cheap" collectible cars...

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Sat Feb 20 00:07:14 MST 2010

Triumph Spitfire 1500:
http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2010/autos/1002/gallery.cheap_collector_cars/3.html

Of course the pacer made # 2.  My old Mustang made #1, though.  Still
miss that car - god it was fast.  I could scare myself by flooring it
and dropping into 2nd while running 65 on the highway.  Topped it out
once at somewhere around 140.  Sure kept your attention at that speed
- blink and you're in another lane.  I had an Audi that I got up to
something north of 130 on a downhill run and it was a one finger
steerer.  What fun is that?

On the others they list, I came close to buying a Datsun Z car
(bought a Rx-7 instead), and had a Taurus SHO.  That SHO was insanely
fast too, but I'm not a big fan of front drive.  Jack did the beemer
(probably not the same model), and my old college car was VW bug (of
course I put the big jugs on it and an header).  That was a fun
car.  So, I think I've got at least half of the 10 covered.  Pretty
funny how that works out.

- Tony Drews