[TR] Thrust washers - Main and Con bearings

Ed Poplawski popnglo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 09:33:27 MST 2010

Ted,
I didn't plan to pull the engine, so no plan for a boil. When I did
the top end a few years ago (head, sleeves, pistons, etc) I did really
clean out the water jacket, dental pick and vacuum technique, not a
boil of course.
If I see anything strange on the crank journals I may pull out the
crank and get it worked on , but not further than that I'd say. Though
I'd rather not.
The noise I was hearing could well have been the starter dog bolt
being loose, but since I was there well why not take a look see. The
timing chain tensioner was good this time, which I can't say was the
case the last noise I chased.
Thanks for the feedback.
Ed (58 TR3 Hudson Valley NY)

--