[TR] Lacquer Paint?

J.C. Hassall jhassall at blacksburg.net
Sun Dec 12 10:00:38 MST 2010

On 12/11/2010 10:15 PM, William Brewer wrote:
>       I've been considering painting by TR3 steel hard top with a rattle can on spray gloss lacquer from Home Depot. The top will be utilitarian and not a show piece obviously. What happens with lacquer when it isn't clear coated? Does it oxidize if it is kept waxed? Is there a spray paint clear coat that I can use?
>       TIA,
>
>       -Bill in Tehachapi

Bill, Home Despot sells a spray bottle which uses a can of air for
propellant.  You can use any type paint you want.  James T. Davis
company has cans of clear coat, for about $15 IFF memory serves.  Davis
is a national company and I'm sure will ship.

A friend of mine used these gizmos on the radiator of his '69 Camaro.
The results were superb.

hth

jim

--