[TR] TR2 rough running update

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Aug 30 15:59:58 MDT 2010

> Now the runing and
> reving engine is popping alot through the carbs and the exhaust, also
> using the
> lifting pins on the carbs only ever lowers the revs, ie too rich and no
> adjustment seems to change this.

It's the other way round, John.  If lifting the pin only drops the rpm, then
the mixture is too lean.  The backfiring is also a symptom of being too
lean.

Unscrew the mixture nuts by 2-3 flats and check again, I think you'll find
it's better.

If it was too rich, then lifting the pin would cause the engine rpm to rise
and stay up.  Ideal of course is when it rises a bit and then falls back to
where it was.

-- Randall