[TR] Overdrive

LBC.Resto lbc.resto at verizon.net
Mon Aug 30 10:25:37 MDT 2010

The recent overdrive thread got me thinking again about what I want to do
with my non-OD TR4.  About 3 years ago I bought an "A" OD TR6 box with the
intent of overhauling it myself.  I completely disassembled it to find that
it appears to be in pretty good condition.  Time was spent time on eBay
sourcing some items such as main bearings, solenoid, harness etc, but it
still needs some parts to be replaced.  Then life got in the way and as my
current box is still running well my motivation was to drive it rather than
work on it (too much).  This weekend, I noticed that my clutch bite point is
getting very high, so I suspect that a transmission pull is coming soon to
change the clutch.

I had OD on my TR4 and TR5 back in the day and loved it, but I am also
thinking about going the 5-speed route.  I think that I have heard all the
arguments both ways and just need to make up my mind; cost is obviously a
factor.   If I go the latter, then I would like to gauge interest in a
disassembled OD unit before I put it on eBay.

Ian

62 TR4