[TR] 59 TR3A Mystery Caged Nuts

suhringtr36 at comcast.net suhringtr36 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 28 07:24:42 MDT 2010

As I start to lay out my heat shield and carpet for the '59 TR3A, I am making
sure that all unclaimed holes and nuts are sealed. There are 3 caged nuts that
have not claimed a part that I want to make sure I am not missing something.
All 3 are on the passenger side bulkhead, with the caged nut on the engine bay
side, in dicating the screw would be from the cabin side. Two are vertical in
orientation to each other, below where the acceslerator bar bearing attaches
to the wall. The other one is just around the corner crease of the bulkhead
above the lower end of the transmission tunnel, facing the rear of the car.
None of these have a a mirrored double on the driver's side, so it does not
seem to be related to right hand versus left hand steering. I can find no
reference to what would have gone here and have no left over parts that would
make any sense. I am assuming it is some leftover from an earlier model that
was no longer applicable, but they left it in the tub production? I plan on
sealing these, but thought it best to check first.B  TIA

Scott Suhring

Mechanicsburg, PA

'70 TR6

'59 TR3A