[TR] overdrive thanks

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 25 19:33:07 MDT 2010

thanks for all the information on overdrives!  I'm so glad my ovedrive is
working.  I lent the car out (several years ago) and it got delivered back to me
parked up nose close to the garage door.  I got in and found the overdrive
engaged and everything locked up tight.  I did not wanna back up with od engaged
but putting the car in nuetral did nothing.......nada.  would not budge.
Nothing i tried to get the car moved back worked.  I grit my teeth and backed up
several feet and could feel things "binding" horribly.  The od did keep working
fine.  Now if anyone else drives the car i unplug the od.LOL

anyway.........the question about "going up through the gears .........7
ratios...........was mainly for s---- and giggles.  I'll try it but won't use it
that way or do that often.  I also love od for those situations where your gonna
stay in the same gear but want the two ratios in order to handle traffic or
hills.  I never used the clutch for engaging/disengaging od but will start doing
that now that I've learned others do that.

thanks again!

gary n.