[TR] use of overdrive

J.C. Hassall jhassall at blacksburg.net
Wed Aug 25 18:48:32 MDT 2010

On 8/24/2010 10:28 PM, Foster, Stan (HP IT) wrote:
> Gary, you can certainly do that although I would be careful with giving it too
> much welly in 2nd OD as that can really stress the system ( I have done it
> many times though in my youth..  10mph to 60+ in 2nd..). A useful addition to
> any TR with overdrive is an overdrive logic controller, an inexpensive bit of
> electronics that will take you out of OD as you pass through any gear.
There is such a nifty device: http://od_cntl.webring.com  It does
everything you asked for, as well as preventing you from taking off from
a stop in OD.  It's a plug 'n play installation (see the installation
instructions/pix and pix of customer installations). Pretty cool.

jim

--
Jim Hassall
Blacksburg VA