[TR] Radiator shroud: fabrication

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Wed Aug 25 15:18:07 MDT 2010

I decide to use the TRF cardboard radiator shroud as a template, although I did paint and re-paint it with Rustoleum this time instead of rubberized undercoating.

The material I used was some vinyl I had hanging around for a shower stall.  It bends, is waterproof, and maybe even crackproof.

Another thing occurred to me as I installed it.  The path of rain through the grill is direct to the distributor and coil when you don't have a shroud.  I had been stalling in torrential downpours.  I'm beginning to wondeer whether this might help....

Thanks for all your help.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire