[TR] use of overdrive

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Wed Aug 25 13:23:07 MDT 2010

In a message dated 8/25/2010 2:43:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
spitlist at cox.net writes:

In  terms of today's money, That $85.00 could be multiplied by 10.  So  $850
was substantial.

Joe

Good point Joe,
I had forgotten that my Snickers bar was only a nickel  back then.  What is
really a shame is nowadays a rebuilt Stanpart gearbox  with an A Type
Laycock de Normanville Overdrive unit is $2000 and  up.  I bought the one in my
TR3 box used at a swap meet in 1995 for  $400.  The TR4 box was around $600
also used from Team Triumph in the  late 90's.  The Six box was bought from
the 6-PACK newsletter, had  to be rebuilt twice before it was right, and cost
well over $2000.  I am  in the market for one last A-type for my 63 TR4
restoration.  I would  prefer a Banger but I will take what I can get. Anyone
have any  spares?
Darrell

I have received one blank  and one with comments from  Fred.